Friday, October 3, 2008

Strength of God

Today I am overwhelmed by the Strength of God. My earthly body is consumed with wretched pain, yet I look to my God for a little umption in my gumption! (to function!!)
"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers therof.
I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come." Psalms 71:14-18.
Some days are better than others. The days of my weakness remind me of His strength! Maybe my "purpose" in life is to teach the generations of my children to rely on God's powerful strength.
Some of the things that I remember teaching my children, (and I trust they still remember!) is that they can do or be anything they chose. The correct choices, the proper priorities, and sacrifices lead to ultimate goals. The strength of God should be the foundation of the future. Lean on God's strength to overcome ANY obstacles.
I want to be that person that other people can see God's power through me. When you truly understand the pain and suffering that I endure 24/7, and that I can overcome that through the strength of God, my "purpose" is a resounding example of God's greatness! Let that be my joyful song.

No comments: