Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jesus said….


Get thee hence, Satan

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God

Him only shalt thou serve

Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Follow me and I will make you fishers of men

Rejoice and be exceeding glad

Just a few excerpts from Matthew … check it out! Jesus did Not allow for a passive religion. He gave us specific ACTIONS! We as Christians can no longer just sit back and say, well someone else will pass on the Word of God. I have really been convicted in my heart that each of us has an obligation to GET, WORSHIP, SERVE, REPENT, FOLLOW, AND REJOICE!!!

I remember when I was in Jr. High school in Little Rock, AR I had “doodled” on a notebook something like, “Jesus Saves”. I was all of a sudden labeled Jesus “freak”. I had very few friends and my time spent there was extremely difficult. I really had no one to turn to for support. My mom was a newlywed and had her own adjustments to make, my brother was at a different school and I felt all alone. Jesus and I got real close, real fast!!! I was a new Christian and devoured the word as best I could. I started with the words of Jesus and listened closely to what He had to say. It was easy enough to do since the words of Christ were written in red in my bible!

After all these years, I still listen to the words of Jesus written in red! What I have discovered is that He didn’t mince words!! When He spoke, people listened! More than that, though his words indicated ACTION>commandments>VERBS>I get so excited when I see the amazing choice of words He chose to use to get our attention…Take the Great Commission…Matthew 28:19

GO…no one can consider THAT to be passive!
Teach… all nations…wow, how far can THAT go?
Baptize.. in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost (we are NOT alone in this!)

I have listened to these words all my life, read them, heard them preached and always felt I was not fulfilling that commandment. Now, through modern technology, there is the internet!!! I hope to GO, TEACH, AND BAPTIZE, and all the other GO verbs Jesus has set out for me! (I know, I can’t physically baptize but I can lead someone to a Bible believing Church who can!! Thanks to the internet!!!)

I want to explore as many of the action verbs of the words of Jesus in the following posts as I can without getting too “preachy”. I hope that even the Christians who are reading this will realize that so many of us have been singing “Standing on the Promises” while sitting on our behinds!

No comments: