Monday, September 29, 2008

Sometimes you can close your eyes and hear the tape recording of quotes or little sayings you've heard all your life. The following is a list of quotes that I hope my children have heard over and over....




  • NEVER sing "Standing on the Promises" sitting on your butt!!

  • You ain't gotta like it, you just gotta deal with it (I still hear Andy saying it! Thank You, Bubba)

  • Christians aren't perfect, just FORGIVEN!

  • Know WHY you believe WHAT you believe!

I'm sure my children's tapes play out differently than I remember but I pray they are positive, loving, and kind recordings. As children, Craig and Cristie were both, at times themselves like tape recorders and spued forth at unexpected times. Example:



Sunday morning. Craig was about three years old. We were visiting a new church. The sermon was awesome and I was still shedding tears of repentence when we got to the car.


Craig: "Mommy, why are you crying?"


Me: "Son, the preacher really stepped on Mommy's toes and I needed to hear the things that he had to say."


That afternoon we decided to return to the church for the evening service. Again, it was wonderful and as we were leaving, the preacher was at the door shaking hands with everyone leaving.


Craig: "Mister, please don't step on Mommy's toes, she cried all afternoon!"


The preacher LOVED it!!!


We tend to forget that children watch examples better than they listen to sermons!



No comments: